Thursday, April 5, 2012

Thursday Tip! In the Kitchen

Cooking in the kitchen always leaves me with leftover ingredients....why because I only cook dinner for 2 people.  Myself and theHubs.  Well one item that I do use quite often is tomato sauce, yes from a can!  Don't judge, lol!  So, when I open a can I only use about 3 tablespoons worth at one time. Then I'm left with a almost full can.

Hmmmm.....what to do with the leftover?
  
Duh, You freeze it!  


Just pour the left over sauce into an ice tray and pop it in the freezer!  When I need to use some I just take out about 3 cubes.  
 
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. This also works great with yogurt and wine, or anything that you might need just a bit of for use in a recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm...wine!! Never thought of that. I've frozen yogurt before...I make yogurt dots for my nephews!

      Delete
  2. Yep! This is one of the handiest tricks ever!

    ReplyDelete

i ♥ comments! so let me know what you think!
it's easier to reply to comments by email, so if you have no-reply I can't tell you how sweet your comment was.