The Scrap busting fool is back!! Since all I'm using is scraps I didn't have enough to really make something more glamorous, like fancy place mats for the dining or breakfast tables. But I did have enough scraps to make a desk pad for my laptop.....yay!!
Here's what I did...
1) I cut up 2 x 2 inch squares
2) I arranged them the way I wanted it to look, stacked them by rows,then sewed them to make the strips.
3) Sewed the strips together and now you can see it what it will look like.
4) Here you can see what the back will look like. I used a white on white paisley print.
5) Now to baste, bottom and top sandwiching some batting. Then I pinned to keep it all in place.
6) Since this is a hodgepodge of different scraps I just top-stitched squares on the inside of every square on the top. (boring)
7) Whew....I was close to not having enough scraps for the the binding. I had to sew lots of little pieces together, then cut to make it about 2 inches in width. Make 2 folds towards the center, press with the iron....then fold that in half and press with the iron....done!
8) I pinned the binding allllllllllll the way around.
9) Sewed the binding on and mitered the corners....at least I didn't mess those up because that sucks!
10) Done......It's not perfect but it will work for me.
11) Now my Laptop can sit all fancy on its new desk pad. Perfect fit too!!
11) Just had to show off my little desk top too! You can barely see my plant on the left side. I've had that ivy for about 13 years now. It stays on the desk in my craft room...why?? Oh because I have 2 really bad and sneaky fur babies that like to shred my plants.
Hmm....I wonder if I'll have more Scrap busting posts! Maybe, I do have lots of it. You might get too bored with it. We'll see, lol!
Thank you for stopping by!! Have a great day!!