Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A wing for you....a wing for me!!

Chicken Wings.....


These little morsels of  yummy goodness can be flavored with anything you want.....garlic, hot sauce, Parmesan, butter, lemon pepper......oh my this could go on forever!  Mmmmm!
Today I'm sharing a step by step way of how I make my wings.  I'm sure you've read a million different ways of making them and everyone has a different style, technique, or  trick they use.  But this is my way!!  So go ahead make them and let me know what you think!  I'd really like to know.  I'm a very visual person....I like to see what is going on, how it's being done that's why there's so many pictures.   Enjoy

What you will need: 
  • A pack of chicken wings (thawed)
  • 2 table spoons of butter
  • 2 table spoons of olive oil
  • Pam/Veg.oil to grease dish
  • Flavoring/Seasoning for wings
  • Casserole dish
  • Meat Shears
  • Colander
Directions:
  • Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees (standard U.S. oven)
  • Grease casserole dish
  • Put chicken wings into the colander and rinse with cold water  (no need to pat dry)


(steps continue under the picture)

Using the shears I clip off the extra wing piece.

Then use the shears to cut the leg from the wing.

Arrange wings in the greased dish.  With this pack of
 wings of was able to get a total of 30 pieces.

Now drizzle with olive oil, I usually eyeball it but it's about 2 tbl. spoons.

Now put into the oven.


After about 30 minutes, I take out the dish and turn the wings over.
Put them back in for another 15-20 minutes.  You can determine the
crispiness you desire. As long as the meat is cooked. ☺

Separate into 2 bowls

Yummy!

Today I'm using the AWESOME.... Mango Habanero from Buffalo Wild Wings,
and regular ole lemon-pepper seasoning....YUMMY!!  
The jar of MH is about 6 dollars and the lemon-pepper seasoning was about a buck.

Add your seasoning or flavor you chose.

Mix well, butter should melt.

While still in the bowls, I pop them back into the over for about 5 minutes.

While the wings are in the oven, I get my serving plate and dipping bowl. 
Since this is just for my hubby and myself a little plastic container will do.

Put dipping container in the center of plate and pour out your dipping sauce.

This is a Ranch Dressing family.....so we tend to use a lot of ranch dressing, lol!

After the 5 minutes are up, carefully take out the hot bowls.
Now transfer the wings to the plate.  I have my MH
on one side and the lemon pepper on the other side

There you have it!! 


Well I hope you've enjoyed this and will try it out yourself!!  Let me know how they come out!!  Everyone have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i ♥ comments! so let me know what you think!
it's easier to reply to comments by email, so if you have no-reply I can't tell you how sweet your comment was.