Monday, June 27, 2011

My 1st baby Quilt!

I'm finally posting news!!   I've been sick with a yucky "summer cold"!! Blaaaagh, it was awesome!! lol!  Anyways I'm doing better thank GOD!!   I was able to catch up on some reading and listen to my fave music at the moment!  And that would be Adele!  She is the bomb....and her album "21" is superb!!! i "♥" Adele!

Well after the real bad stuff was over, I was finally able to finish this baby quilt, blankie, play mat thingy - Whatever you want to call it!  It's gonna be a gift.  And yes it's washed and summer cold germ free!

It's my 1st finished quilt.....Yay!!!!  I'm really proud of myself....<----- \("¸)/.....

I'm still working on the "Not so Mellow Yellow" quilt.  That one's gonna be a bit!


Well, for this little quilt I just used a charm pack from wallyworld --> that's Wal-Mart for people who don't know.....lol!!   I'm not a big wally fan, this year alone I've only been 3 times (this topic is for another post), but I was there with my cousin and while she was perusing party supplies, I went over to the craft section.   (Mind you it's after midnight and our hubbies are watching basketball highlights from Playoff game 3 at the restaurant, so we're waiting for their call to go pick them up.)  Well I saw this pack and thought it would be cute.   Here are a couple of pics.  Hope you all like it!

This little quilt is called "Hiccups of love"- 

  
Hiccups of love, top

I really like the colors and the hearts...

I chose the name because the charms with the little hearts have little
saying's like I love,love,love you....around some of the hearts.


I did a white back with 3 windmill pattern squares from the charms leftover.
The squares look really cute in the back. ( I should have taken a pic)

For the binding I did black with white polka-dots.   I'm really happy with my
stitching.  My finger tips do hurt though...lol!

Here is the finished product.  I'm really happy with it.



I'll post a pic of it not folded.....I don't know why I didn't!  Oh well it will be up soon when I get a chance to take it.

I had a question...... is it like bad that I used these fabric charms from Wallyworld?  I mean I thought they were cute....and yes I've seen all the other fabrics out there too!  But, does not using the fabric from a well known fabric line make my quilt bad, or cheap?   Just asking......I've been reading other blogs and alllllll that is talked about is the fabric lines.....I'm not saying that I would never use them, I'm just starting off and I'm not sure about things just yet.  

Well hope you like my post!!  Please comment if you've read this.......Give me tips!! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i ♥ comments! so let me know what you think!
it's easier to reply to comments by email, so if you have no-reply I can't tell you how sweet your comment was.